“[Edwards] used the interview to play the Supermarket Tabloid Credibility Card to trash his nemesis, The National Equirer.”

John Edwards Scandal

John Edwards Statement:

* No Mention of “Rielle Hunter” to be Found
* Taking “Full Responsibility” Doesn’t Include Admission of Guilt

Mainstream Media: “Admits”, “Lied” and “Affair” in Most Headlines–But Those Words Not Found in Edwards’ Statement
No Mention of “Lied”, “Affair” or “Rielle Hunter” during Nightline Interview Either

“I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public. With my family, I took responsibility for my actions in 2006 and today I take full responsibility publicly. But that misconduct took place for a short period in 2006.”
–John Edwards, August 8, 2008 Statement

“One question which immediately comes to mind: What was Edwards doing leaving the Beverly Hilton at 2:40 in the morning, visiting a woman he says he did not love and her baby, which he says he did not father?”
–DBKP: John Edwards Scandal: Edwards Admits Affair, Lies, to ABC News

If admission is the first of the twelve steps toward recovery, did John Edwards take that first step during his appearance on ABC’s Nightline?

Questions remain after reading Edwards’ press statement or watching his performance on ABC’s Nightline.

Edwards’ announcement may prove to raise more questions than it answered.

Edwards’ statement alleges that he has “given a complete interview on this matter” and “will have nothing more to say”. Was this part of the statement an attempt to enable Edwards to appear at the Democrat National Convention without being dogged by pesky reporters’ questions?

Are “have already given a complete interview on this matter” and “have nothing more to say” today’s substitute for yesterday’s failed answers of “tabloid trash” and “lies”?

One guess: The National Enquirer–who wields a far better record of veracity on this subject than Edwards–might have something to say about whether Edwards revisits the topic in the future.


Click on banner to access over 60 DBKP stories and videos on the John Edwards scandal.

Edwards claims he was 99% honest. Yet, he leaves the specifics of that 99% to the reader’s imagination–as well as the remaining 1%. There’s a lot that has to be shoe-horned into that 1%.

As LBG points out [John Edwards Scandal: Edwards Defends Affair with Supermarket Tabloid Credibility Card ]:

The MSM claimed Edwards “fessed” up to “lying” about the affair.

“Edwards: Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public.”

“I did not tell the public” is an omission, not an admission of lying. Remember, Edwards knew exactly the impact each and every word he chose to use when arguing his case before the public on Nightline.

LBG goes on to explain.

Continue reading: John Edwards Scandal: Edwards Statement, Interview Admits Little

by Mondoreb
Source: John Edwards Scandal: Edwards Statement, Interview Admits Little

Mondoreb blogs at Death By 1000 Papercuts. Interested readers can e-mail him at
mondoreb@gmail.com. All DBKP stories are filed under Mondoreb at BNN.

Be Sociable, Share!