A former plumber from the UK died as a result of asbestos exposure, an inquest has recently heard. The man is said to have worked for many years in the plumbing industry, which is one of a number of trades that is classed as high risk when it comes to exposure to deadly asbestos.

Throughout his working life Frederick Lockie is said to have worked for a number of different companies as a plumber, and as a result of this he is said to have been exposed to asbestos, which can cause a range of serious illnesses and health problems, including a form of deadly form of cancer known as mesothelioma.

Mr Lockie was diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma, which is the asbestos cancer, and died after being admitted to hospital with the disease. It is thought that he was first exposed to the carcinogen when he was working as an apprentice plumber.

The local coroner in the area stated: ‘It’s a terrible thing. It’s a disease you contract simply by earning a living and looking after your family. It’s a dreadful thing and nobody deserves it.’

Be Sociable, Share!