The family of a woman who died from the asbestos cancer known as mesothelioma are suing sixty eight defendants over her exposure to asbestos, and her subsequent illness and death. The family of Sharon LaDuke claim that she was exposed to asbestos while working as a clerk at the Potsdam Civic Center.

According to the complaint, while she was working there asbestos removal was undertaken, and this involved removing old boilers and pipes that were wrapped in asbestos. However, they claim that the removal was not undertaken properly and resulted in contamination of working space, putting employees at risk.

Authorities and the manufacturer of the boilers have maintained that there was no asbestos contained in them at all, but the complaint claims that there was knowledge of asbestos being present in the civic center where the deceased worked.

Asbestos can lead to malignant mesothelioma through long term and high level exposure, and can also lead to other serious illnesses such as scarring of the lungs and respiratory problems.

Be Sociable, Share!