At a recent inquest a coroner has confirmed that a man from St Albans died as a result of exposure to asbestos, having suffered this exposure when he was at work. The man was a retired heating and plumbing engineer, and at the inquest the coroner explained that he had been exposed to brown asbestos as part of his work.

The seventy two year old man, Ian Jackson, had worked directly with asbestos materials as part of his career. He was diagnosed with the asbestos related cancer, mesothelioma, last year after visiting his doctor complaining of chest pains.

Although the man did initially respond well to treatment after the diagnosis was made, he died in May of this year in hospital. The cancer had resulted in a tumor forming on his left lung, and this had restricted his respiratory capabilities, making it hard for him to breathe properly according to reports.

The verdict was recorded as industrial disease, with the cause of death being recorded as malignant mesothelioma caused by exposure to brown asbestos.

Be Sociable, Share!