According to a recent report a long serving worker at the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum contracted asbestosis as a result of asbestos that was present in the walls of the Washington museum. The fifty three year old man was a lighting worker at the museum, and has worked there for around twenty seven years.

Following the diagnosis, the employee, Richard Pullman, filed a federal workplace safety complaint, and has also found a lawyer that specialises in cases over asbestos related diseases. He was diagnosed with the asbestos illness only recently, according to reports.

It is further claimed that around a year ago the museum provided Pullman, along with a group of other workers, with details over asbestos awareness. Mr Pullman said that he was horrified to discover that the walls of the museum were laden with the deadly carcinogenic.

He said that he had been suffering ailments and symptoms such as shortness of breath, and after the awareness briefings he went to see his doctor. It was at this point that he was diagnosed as having asbestosis, which is a lung disease that is caused through exposure to asbestos dust and fibers. �����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Be Sociable, Share!