Ann Heche’s five year marriage to Coleman Laffoon is now over and a judge has ordered her to pay $275,000 to her ex-husband as a settlement. She also has to pay a monthly child support payment of $3700.

I remember Heche back when she played the role of twin sisters, Vicky and Marley Love Hudson on the American soap opera, Another World, which she won a Daytime Emmy Award.

She started dating Ellen Degeneres in 1997 but they split up in 2000. Heche began dating cameraman Coleman Laffoon. They met while he was filming a comedy special for Degeneres.  They got married in August 2001. They have a son, Homer Heche Laffoon, 6, which they have been sharing custody of for the past year..

Heche starred in her own ABC television Drama, Men In Trees playing the role of a New York City author and relationships expert who relocates to Elmo, Alaska when she discovers her fiance is having an affair. E!Online reports the show has been canceled only have two seasons.

Heche filed for a divorce February 2, 2007, on the grounds of irreconcilable differences after five and a half years of marriage. Heche accused her ex-husband of going to strip joints, watching porn and being addicted to online gambling. The couple started a nasty custody battle accusing each other of being an unfit parent until a judge ended that but ordering them to refrain from making derogatory remarks in front of their son.

Heche has also been ordered to pay 75% of the costs of sending her son to private school which Laffoon will have to pay the other 25%.

Jan Barrett

Be Sociable, Share!