Attention – Due To Allegations of Plagiarism, This Article Is Highly Suspect 

The bodies of Samjhota Express firebombing victims that remain unidentified by Saturday afternoon will be sent to Mehrana village for a mass burial the same afternoon.

The Indian External Affairs Ministry approved the burial for today after giving people arriving from Pakistan a Saturday-afternoon deadline to identify the charred bodies of their relatives. Permission for the burial was granted after the Panipat administration said the bodies were rapidly decomposing. “They (the bodies) are highly mutilated and badly charred,” Panipat Deputy Commissioner Rajiv Ranjan told AFP. With the couple whose five children died in the having identified their bodies, 38 victims had been identified by Friday evening. The couple were taken to Panipat by Delhi Police on Thursday evening to help them identify their children. Also, AFP reported that five Pakistani victims were buried on Friday in India, as their relatives could not afford to bring their bodies home.

Twelve bodies were Thursday allowed to be carried through the Wagah joint border checkpost between India and Pakistan, 30 km ahead of the Sikh holy city of Amritsar.

The twin blasts Sunday night enflamed two bogies of the Samjhauta Attari special train near Diwana village, 10 km from here, leaving 68 Pakistan-bound passengers dead and nearly 50 injured.

Be Sociable, Share!