Apparently, on December 15th 2006, a worker tested positive for Hepatitis A, at a McDonald’s in Auckland, New Zealand was not wearing gloves. According to spokeswoman Joanna Redfern Hardisty, the workers that prepare the meals are not required to wear gloves but are required to clean their hands with anti-microbial soap.

Ms. Hardisty has said that people who were eating at the restaurant during the worker’s shift would only now be experiencing the first symptoms of Hepatitis A which may include tiredness, nausea, and yellowing of the skin and eyes, if they were infected. Ms. Hardisty has, however, gone on to say that there is no present danger of infection as the worker had contracted the disease from an external source.

If you believe that you have been infected you should immediately call Auckland Regional Public Health Service at 09 623 4600.

Links:
One News – McDonald’s Hepatitis Scare

Radio New Zealand – McDonald’s worker sparks health alert

Be Sociable, Share!