This in from TJ Hart – Jan Barrett
The evening February 9, 2009, then-5-year-old HaLeigh Cummings was seen for the last time by her babysitter-turned-stepmom-now ex-wife of her father, Misty Croslin, who was just 17 at the time.
Very little information about what happened to HaLeigh and who might have taken her has been made public since the first 24 hours into the case despite the thousands of tips and numerous ground searches.
The original Putnam County incident report stated that deputies Nelson and Bridges arrived at the home of HaLeigh’s father , Ronald Cummings, at Hermit’s Cove in Satsuma, FL at approximately 3:40 a.m. February 10, 2009.Â Deputy Nelson wrote in the report that Ronald was standing in the driveway and was visibly upset.
PCSO Original Incident Report
According to the report, Ronald stated that he had just come home from work and his “dumb bitch girlfriend” had told him that his daughter was missing.
Ronald told the deputy he did not know what she was wearing and that all he knew was that the back door was open. Ronald repeatedly said someone had taken his child and that “when I find him, I will kill him.”
At this point, some have to questioned if Ronald actually knew the gender of HaLeigh’s abductor or was just saying “him” referring to anyone.
Another part of the report does indicate that the babysitter Misty Croslin had taken the children out of the home in the past while sitting with them. When deputy Nelson asked her if she ever took the children for a walk, Misty stated that sometimes she took them for a walk to see her family.
* VIDEO/Transcript: The 911 Call from FOX News Channel
* VIDEO: Sheriff Jeff Hardy
* VIDEO: WSKY Asks Major Gary Bowling About The Updated Amber Alert and Asks About Misty’s Alleged Whereabouts
* VIDEO: The Nancy Grace Recap
* The marriage and divorce of HaLeigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, and babysitter Misty Croslin
* VIDEO: The discovery of Misty’s partying and her party pals the weekend before HaLeigh was abducted
* Various fights, arguments and incarcerations of the Croslin clan
* The Draining of The Pond at The Mondex
* A Jail House Letter
HaLeigh was last seen at her residence in the Hermit’s Cove area of Putnam County on February 9, 2009 between the hours of 8-10pm.
A statewide Amber Alert has been issued. An additional $30,000 in rewards have been posted.
If you have any information and wish to remain anonymous, please call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS (8477) or you can Text your tip by Texting â€œTIP231 plus your messageâ€ to CRIMES (274637).