The family of a Kansas man who died from the asbestos related cancer mesothelioma, has been awarded four and a half million dollars by way of compensation following his death. Three companies were found to be responsible for the man’s exposure and the multi-million dollar award was made to his adult children and his widow.
The companies that were found guilty in the case were all involved with the manufacture and distribution of ceiling tiles that contained asbestos, which is a known carcinogenic that can cause serious health problems, including an incurable form of cancer known as mesothelioma.
Robert Wagner was diagnosed with the deadly cancer and died just six months after his diagnosis. This form of cancer can take decades to manifest, and in most cases the patient loses their battle within a fairly short time following the diagnosis.
According to the report the companies that were involved in the lawsuit actually offered tiling that did not contain asbestos several decades ago as well as products that did contain the deadly ingredient.