A man from North Devon in the UK has received a substantial sum of compensation in an out of court settlement after being diagnosed with the asbestos related cancer, mesothelioma. Sixty three year old Graham Dancer was diagnosed with the asbestos related cancer in 2007.

From 1969 until his diagnosis in 2007 Mr Dancer worked for the chimney manufacturer Selkirk Flue Limited, now owned by Powrmatic. It is here that he is said to have been exposed to the deadly asbestos, which is known to cause a number of serious health problems including the asbestos related cancer mesothelioma.

After his diagnosis Mr Dancer was told by his doctors that he had only months to live. Mr Dancer said that when he first started working for the company he was exposed to asbestos on a regular basis, and even applied asbestos to piping.

He said: “There was so much asbestos dust that you could see a thick layer of it on your tool box. You could also see it floating in the air. My overalls and hair would be covered in it.”

Be Sociable, Share!