According to a recent report a plumber died as a result of exposure to asbestos, having been exposed to the potentially deadly carcinogenic over the course of his career. Like other high risk tradesmen, the man was said to have been regularly exposed to asbestos in the line of his work, which eventually ended up taking his life.

Alan Howells died at the age of fifty six, and his wife, Anne, said that when he started work as a plumber neither he or she knew about the risks and dangers posed by exposure to asbestos. She said that he died a year after being diagnosed with the deadly asbestos related cancer mesothelioma.

She added that he had started working as a plumber at the age of fifteen, and over the course of his career had been exposed to asbestos on a regular basis, often when mixing cement and using it to install pipes and boilers into homes and buildings.

Although her husband passed away eight years ago, Anne is now one of those in charge of an asbestos support group for families who find themselves in a similar situation. However, she did add that she fears for the safety of her children in case they suffered secondary asbestos exposure from the fibers and dust on her late husband’s clothes and skin.

Be Sociable, Share!