An inquest has been held into the death of a man that died from malignant mesothelioma, a form of cancer that results from high level or long term exposure to asbestos. The eighty two year old man from Neath, Wales , died in July in a nursing home.

The man, David Green, had never married. He had worked as a fitter’s mate at a Metal Box factory for most of this life. His cousin was called as a witness at the trial.

His cousin stated: “He spent most of life working at the Metal Box company. It’s my understanding he was involved quite a lot with boiler maintenance, which had certain amounts of asbestos attached. He was involved in a radical overhaul of the boilers.”

Asbestos is a substance that can cause a range of health problems including scarring of the lungs, respiratory problems, and a form of cancer known as mesothelioma. Mr Green’s death was put down to death by industrial disease.

Be Sociable, Share!