A man from Virginia has filed a lawsuit in Galveston County claiming that a number of companies were responsible for his exposure to asbestos, which has left him in ill health. The lawsuit was filed in mid-April by the plaintiff, Larry Wilbur Hacker, and his wife, claiming that Mr Hacker was knowingly exposed to asbestos by the defendants.
The lawsuit stated: “Larry Wilbur Hacker had been exposed, on numerous occasions, to asbestos-containing products and possibly machinery requiring or calling for the use of asbestos, thus he had inhaled great quantities of asbestos fibers.”
The lawsuit went on to state: “Larry Wilbur Hacker was unaware of the hazards and defects in the asbestos-containing products of the Defendants, which made them unsafe for purposes of manipulation and installation. Similarly, Larry Wilbur Hacker was unaware of the hazards and defects in the machinery requiring or calling for the use of asbestos or asbestos-containing materials.”